Thursday, June 10, 2010
My Little Fighter...Brady Ryan
Now that I know I have cancer, what in the hell am I going to do now?!?! I know how very scary this can be, especially not knowing if it has spread or not. This is when "cancer patients" decide on their "team," (I never thought I would need a team to cure me of cancer). Interestingly, one of my best friend's dad started the breast cancer center in St. Louis. I met with him right away to discuss what to do. I was still pregnant at that time. That's when we decided to do a lumpectomy, unless it had spread, hard-core chemo, and radiation. We had discussed an oophorectomy (removal of ovaries=no more babies=BUMMER) because my cancer was progesterone+. Which means when my hormones are soaring during pregnancy, my cancer is growing faster. Lots of info and very discouraging. I then met with my oncologist to discuss basically the same thing. After all that, which seemed super exciting to go through...NOT, we decided we had to deliver Brady as soon as possible to start all this fun treatment. So, the following Monday I was in the hospital to deliver my little guy. Everything went perfectly...that little fighter was ready to go. He weighed 6lbs 9oz at 35 weeks, without any problems. He was PERFECT!! We stayed in the hospital for a few days. While we were there, we had a ton of visitors and fun...we forgot about all the stuff that was coming up in the next year. My husband read, "The Secret" to me while we were in the hospital. We were trying to be very positive. We knew that things would be different if it had spread to my lymph nodes. The important thing was that Brady was healthy and was able to come home with us!! We were so happy:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment