Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Time to Fight

Oh, how I love this little guy, my little Brady. From the very first moment I saw him, I adored him. Now, it's three years later and I have no idea what I did before he came into our lives. He is truly a blessing. Three years ago, I wasn't sure we would all make it to this point, especially pregnant again, but we will be having another boy in about 2 months...YEAH! It's hard looking back because this was around the same time all hell broke loose when I was pregnant with Brady. The good thing is, I keep checking these boobs (and yes, they are HUGE again) but everything is clear...Thank God.

Brady was born on April 17, 2007, 5 weeks early. Everything went perfectly. He was even delivered by his Godmother, Ashley Cobb (she is an OB/GYN too...& she is delivering our 2nd boy in August). Brady was so healthy, he even came home with us...such a strong guy:). The only problem was I had to go back to surgery in a week for my lumpectomy and node removal. We had to do this to see if it had spread. Our first week together as a family was fabulous, except that I smelled like cabbage...I know, weird!! I, obviously, couldn't breast feed so I had to freeze out my milk and somebody told me to use frozen cabbage. Lovely!!

It was now time to go to surgery. It started out awesome (sarcasm) because I had to have dye injected into my NIPPLE...are you kidding...OUCH! To make it worse, I had a cute male nurse doing this procedure. They put me in a wheelchair and sat me in the middle of the waiting room. I have to say that was unpleasant, as you could imagine!! Finally, someone came to get me, put a hospital cap on my head, and wheeled me all over the hospital...I felt so strange. We got to the OR and, of course, they weren't ready for me, so he wheeled me back to the pre-op waiting room. It was now time to go to surgery...the last thing I remember was being wheeled into the OR and saying, "Is it snowing?" It was freezing. It was supposed to take a couple of hours, but for some reason it took about six...so, my husband was freaking out. He had no idea what was going on. They did a lumpectomy, node removal and port placement for chemo. I went to recovery and when I woke up, Damon was there. We waited for a little while, when the news came back that the cancer had NOT spread!! We were so ecstatic...all the cancer was gone. Now, it's time to go home and be with my husband and new baby to recover till chemo starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment