So, today, is my first official post. I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor and I have been trying to figure out a way to help other people who have been diagnosed or have a friend, loved one, or just someone close to them diagnosed with such a devastating disease. Three years ago, my life was perfect...so I thought. I was married to an amazing man, pregnant with my first baby and working for a great company. Then, SMACK, I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 35 weeks in my pregnancy (and 35 years old). Hello...you are not supposed to get breast cancer while you are pregnant!! At that moment, I wanted (needed) someone to talk to about the journey I was about to embark on...called survival!!!! Anyway, I am now 3 years (and 2 months) out of that dark moment in my life (and pregnant again) . I'm not sure if I will be able to help anyone, or if anyone will even read this, but I'm going to try. I know how difficult treatment is (with a newborn!!) and all the worries that go along with this diagnosis. I think this will also be therapeutic for me, too.
It's official, I'm a "blogger"!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are amazing at life!!! What an inspiration! I don't know if anyone ever told you, but I had your picture of you receiving treatment on my desk while going through my divorce. I figured if you could make it through your ordeal, I better be able to make it through mine!!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete